Our client is a leading multinational financial services institution, seeking a Fund Accountant to join their Fund Administration team in their Sydney office. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years’ experience fund accounting and unit pricing, alongside strong knowledge of the broader financial services industry, and the roles of Funds, Operations, Fund Accounting, Reporting, and Custody.
Fund Accountants may have direct client contact as they are responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of Client reports in accordance with SLA’s. This can include:
- Unit Pricing
- Month end report packs
- Distribution calculations
- Taxable income calculation and BAS/GST once reports have been verified as correct
Their role also comprises substantial inter-departmental contact and as such they’re responsible for:
- Investigating and assisting with ad hoc queries.
- Considering and meeting operational risk and compliance requirements in their work preparation.
- Maintaining relevant compliance records.
They contribute to building and sustaining client relationships by supporting the efforts of the Account Managers, Client Services Managers and the broader team, achieving this through:
- Participation in on-the-job training and education.
- Remaining aware of policy and regulatory change.
- Ensuring their technical development is current through ongoing study or participation in industry groups.
Technical Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required:
- 2-4 years’ experience in fund accounting and/or unit pricing.
- Good knowledge of the financial services industry, including Funds, Operations, Fund Accounting, Reporting, and Custody.
- Good theoretical and practical knowledge of investment products including Unit Trusts, Gross Income Funds and Superannuation Schemes.
- Experience in both client reporting and handling client requests and meeting SLAs.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and numeracy abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.