Salary description: Up to $95k base
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global Asset Manager, they are seeking a senior candidate with Equities and Fixed income experience to lead a small team of 5 staff with a cross product operations focus across FI, EQ and FX.
This role is aimed at someone who still is strong technically in the day to day of operations and financial products as well as demonstrable ability in leading how infrastructure needs to be run in a boutique asset management environment.
The successful applicant will have very strong experience in trade operations and at least 4 years’ experience within Fund investment operations. As the role is overseeing 5 staff, prior team leading experience is required.
- Supervise a team of portfolio administrators and work closely with other teams
- Acting as the first escalation point for issues arising with Investment Operations
- Liaison with custodians, fund managers and brokers
- Reconciliation of cash records, positions and trades to the custodian
- Ensuring timely delivery of various reporting requirements to fund managers
- Updating portfolio system relating to investment trades, settlements, corporate actions, income receipts and cash movements.
- Bachelor or Master level degree (in accounting, finance, economics)
- Prior team leading experience
- Previous experience in a similar role – must be from an Asset Management background
- Previous experience supervising/coaching staff of circa 5+ people
- Knowledge of funds, plus domestic, global equities, fixed income and derivative product knowledge is a big plus