Salary description: Above market rate
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is a global funds business seeking to appoint a highly experienced team manager within their Funds Financial reporting team in Sydney
Ideally you will be CPA/CA qualified, have previous direct statutory accounting, distribution calculation, tax, financial reporting, strong funds management product knowledge and have very strong team leading skills and experience.
The Team is responsible for the various accounting, financial reporting processes for all portfolios and some individual client mandates. You will be able to prepare all relevant deliverables and assist with various ad hoc tasks/projects as well as managing the relationship with both internal clients and external parties.
Accounting and Financial processes
• Timely and accurate preparation of monthly accounts reconciling the General Ledger to Investment System
• Timely and accurate preparation of financial statements and half year financial reports
• Timely and accurate calculation of management and custody fees.
• Timely and accurate completion of ABS statistical reports, ASIC and APRA returns
• Timely and accurate reporting of quarterly accounting information for individual mandates
• Learning the unit pricing process and covering their duties during annual, sick and study leave.
• Managerial experience within a fund accounting function
• Over 6+ years of direct financial reporting experience
• Sound technical accounting skills (degree qualified and preferably completed/completing CA or CPA).
• Knowledge of Funds Management Industry either via direct experience or consulting to Funds Management clients a pre-requisite.