The Middle Office team deals with all aspects of the trade and security lifecycle, incorporating trade initiation, settlement, valuation, corporate actions and portfolio reporting across all traded products. This role will be managing a team of 20 staff including two team leaders.
The role will have extensive interaction with various teams including Risk and Compliance, Client Service, Relationship Management and Sales. The team also provides oversight for off shore teams supporting the middle office.
- Provide leadership and managerial support to the Middle Office team.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the all aspects of the trade lifecycle, inducing trade initiation, settlement, counterparty management, margins, valuation and reporting.
- Assist with the development of a Client Focused and high performance Culture within the MO team
- Develop and maintain relationships with Client(s), including engaging with client representatives, providing a management escalation point and supporting and developing new business and product initiatives.
The team is responsible for
- Responsible for the matching and follow up of all transactions
- Responsible for meeting internal & market deadlines
- Responsible for assisting other team members in other areas.
- Responsible for a timely response to client queries via email and phone
- Responsible to building strong collaborative relationships with brokers & clients
- 10 years+ experience within the financial services industry
- Management experience within the operations of a Fund Manager or Custodian
- Strong knowledge front to back trade lifecycle across multiple products
- Proven change management and projects capability