Salary description: $75-$85k AUD base salary
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
This Middle Office team is a regional team which provides support to the Front Office FX/MM Desk. Middle Office is responsible for checking the positions, P&L and risk exposure of the Front Office.
Being a small team in a dynamically changing environment, project management is a key component of the role as new systems, products and procedures are constantly being implemented.
- Support and control of the Asia-Pac FX/ALM desks with the Auto-FX process, “upon request” orders and prop trading regionally Products: Spots, Forwards, FX swaps, Loans/deposit, Call Accounts, IRS, Bonds).
- Ensuring Auto-FX deals are received in the Auto-FX system and processed without issues.
- Timely investigation/resolution of queries and escalation.
- Investigate issues relating to settlement of Auto-FX and “upon request” orders.
- Checking that Front Office positions are correctly hedged.
- Performing intraday check to ensure that the Front Office has not breached intraday trading limits.
- Perform various reconciliations between systems to ensure the accuracy of STP data flows between Front, Middle and Back Office systems.
- Assisting with the set-up or modification of static data for new or existing clients across the various Front and Back Office systems to facilitate straight through processing.
- Perform daily P&L calculations and reconciliations between Front and accounting systems.
- Confirming the daily P&L to the desk on the different business lines.
- Reporting daily and monthly P&L to management.
- Performing daily Liquidity Crisis Reports for the regulators
- Reporting monthly Key Risk Indicators (KRI) and assisting with any audit/formal supervision requirements (internal and external)
- 3-5 Years commercial experience in an operations role.
- Strong understanding of Money Market and Foreign exchange products.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Advance knowledge of MS Excel, Access and VBA programming, Front-Office and Accounting systems (Kondor+, Atlas, MIDAS), FX/ALM Accounting schemes.
- Working hours: Due to the global nature of the Middle Office you will be required to work late hours with a late shift rotation within the team.