- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
The Graduate Fixed Income Sales role will be based in Sydney and will initially focus on trade support and trade executions in support of the Fixed Income sales team. Directly supporting the sales and trading teams across Fixed Income and OTC derivatives, the right candidate will be offered the opportunity to develop their skills to move up to a junior Fixed Income sales position.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates (2014, 2015) with little to minimal experience who want to start off their career with a leading global investment bank.
The team supports a full range of products traded by the respective trading desk including:
• FI Securities – Domestic & International with a focus on Asia Pac markets
• FI Derivatives – Interest Rates / Cross Currency Swaps, Swaptions.
The role’s primary responsibility is to execute trades for the sales and trading teams.
This will include
• Trade execution and capture in risk management systems is timely & accurate to enable trading off true & correct risk positions
• Information flow to the downstream settlement teams (Securities Utility) is complete, timely & accurate
• Point of contact between operations & the business
• Pint of contact for client / broker queries
• Recent bachelor’s degree with strong grades in finance, economics, business or related areas
• Some experience in a sales/trading environment will be held highly such as working on an internship
• Advanced Microsoft Excel
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Highly motivated; willing to work long hours when required
• Ability to work under pressure