This is an exceptional physical commodity trading opportunity for a recent grad or grad with 1-3 years’ experience, who is keen to work for a large global commodity trading firm in their Sydney office as an Oil Trading Analyst.
As a key member of the Oil Division Trading team in Sydney, you will have excellent communication and relationship management skills required to maintain an independent view, while also adding value by providing accurate data directly to the Oil Trading desk.
- Trade capture & reconciliation of physical oil and paper trades (Physical, Swaps & Futures).
- Daily position exposure monitoring and reporting, highlighting exposure concentration and hedging requirements.
- Execute and manage hedging programs for traders.
- Daily pricing to wholesale customers.
- Accurately forecast oil lifting requirements across terminals/locations.
- Daily interaction with commercial and operations staff on various aspects of physical oil movement and trade.
- Tracking of physical trade movements and notifications and update the relevant trades in the system.
- Ad-hoc trader support and analysis – research and analysis on market structure, spreads and price movements.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Experienced in working with a high level of trust and integrity.
- Analytical, control-focused, organised, diligent individuals, which exhibits a strong work ethic and taking initiative.
- Good communication skills imperative, for liaising with both internal and external parties.
- Able to understand and pick up quickly new working practices and execute tasks with a high degree of accuracy, quickly and calmly, whilst under pressure.
The ideal candidate will have ideally about 1-5 years of post-grad experience working in a similar operational or analytical working capacity (eg: oils, metals or soft commodities). You will be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook. You will have a strong educational profile with an undergrad and potentially a post-grad in Engineering, Economics, Finance & Accounting or Mathematics – ideally with a strong mathematical/analytical inclination.
This is a well-paying position with a salary variable based on relevant experience, and you must be available to work in-office in the Sydney CBD 9am-6pm, 5 days per week.