The Head of Custody Operations is a sizable team of 30 staff locally including the Custody and Clearing, as well as Global Custody operations. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with managing large teams with direct AUS & NZ market experience in Custody and Treasury operations
The primary role of the Head of Operations is to:
- Understands market and industry trends and developments within the Clearing and Custody market segment
- Understands client and investment manager strategy to ensure the firm is well placed for the the provision of solutions and client service.
- Ensures relevant Product Heads and managers are made aware of opportunities.
- Builds strong personal relationships with clients, investment managers and market influencers.
- Developing and maintaining internal and external client relationships including brokers, clearers and regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring the team deliver against all Risk and Compliance and administrative requirements
- and improvement of controllable annual operating budget.
- Provision of ongoing coaching, communications and proactive support to the team to ensure direct and indirect reports achieve optimum performance.
- Contributing to organisational strategy
- Ensuring client satisfaction levels are maintained at a high level through excellent and consistent service delivery of required products and service and prompt resolution to complaints, issues and disputes
- Build a high performing and accountable team ensuring clear guidance and leadership through developing, coaching and mentoring the team of management and account managers which report directly to this position.
- Provide sales support locally, regionally and globally providing operational input and advice as required.
- Financial management of the Operations department – Controlling costs through effective management, rationalisation Timely performance management of the team including goal setting, direction and development
- Identification and retention of high potential resources and succession planning
- Ensuring strategic objectives including cost saving objectives, risk and operational loss reductions are met.
Specific Qualifications required:
- Extensive experience within the Financial Services industry with proven experience managing large teams
- Direct Australian market experience in Custody and Treasury operations.
- Exposure to global custody is preferable, but not mandatory.
- Proven success with development of business opportunities within this client segment and ability to manage change processes or be key operational sponsor.