Salary description: Circa $120,000 - $150,000 + super and bonus
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading Australian Hedge Fund based in Sydney. They’ve grown substantially in the past 18 months and are seeking a highly motivated individual, with very strong education and 2-5 years experience as a an analyst/associate within an investment bank or fund manager to assist in portfolio management activities.
The role will report directly to the Portfolio managers, and will be part of a team that is currently 4 people strong and looking to expand in the near future.
- Participation in the investment process including conducting deep dive financial analysis, detailed review of financial statements, annual reports and other listed company disclosures.
- Research into wider industry dynamics.
- Maintenance of in-house database of key macroeconomic data.
- Production of thorough written commentary and research reports including company recommendations
- Top tier academic background, including outstanding results in a relevant tertiary degree. ATAR (or equivalent) of 95%+ and at least a distinction WAM for further education studies
- CFA level 1 at least completed
- 2-5 years Investment Analysis, or Research analysis experience
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral allowing the candidate to succinctly convey their views.
- Advanced financial modelling, analytical, accounting and quantitative skills.
- Strong interest in domestic and global financial markets.
- Familiarity with market data services such as IRESS and Bloomberg.
- An understanding of value investing.