This is an exceptional opportunity for a hands-on Investment Operations Manager to join the Melbourne office of our client to help lead and manage a growing investment operations team. Our client is a highly regarded Australian industry super fund that is growing quickly in both investment staff and assets-under-management. This is an important leadership role where you will be working closely with the CIO and interaction with the industry super-fund board.
The primary function of the Investment Operations Manager is to:
- Work with and assist the Head of Investment Operations to manage the assets of the Fund, focusing on the implementation and administration of the investment strategy, in accordance with the Board’s investment philosophies and principles
- Day to day management of the relationship with the custodian
- Manage the operational and middle office function associated with the fund’s investment program
- Provide guidance and leadership for investment operations team members and coordination of the operational activities of the investment team
Investment Operations oversight of several functions including:
- Custodian Relationship Governance
- Tax & Accounting
- Fees & Investment Costs
- Unit Pricing
- Investment Data & Reporting
- Performance Reporting
The ideal candidate will have several years of investment operations experience in a middle office, or investment related operational function, experience leading a team will be highly regarded. This Investment Operations Manager position is somewhat unique in that it covers quite a wide variety of Investment Operational oversight that at some firms may be segregated: that is, Unit Pricing, Investment Ops, Tax Accounting, Performance Reporting.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an Investment Operations Team-Leader or Manager to join a growing industry super fund as they increase their investment function, and complexity of investment.