Location: Hong Kong
Salary description: HKD 400k -550k
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading market intelligence and information provider within the financial markets. They are a global business and their staff globally comprise primarily of journalists or researchers who provide the market intelligence and salespeople [Account Managers] who sell the market intelligence to clients on a subscription basis.
They provide real-time news, actionable market intelligence, research and data that enables individuals and companies working in finance to gain a competitive business advantage. Subscribers included many of the world’s leading developers, institutional investors, private equity funds, banks, law firms, advisors and insurers.
This Account Manager role will be based in Hong Kong marketing to the Japanese market. The ideal applicant would be native Japanese with strong Japanese language skills (reading, writing and spoken), have several years in a direct business development/sales capacity, and be confident with marketing a product to customers. This role will involve pitching for meetings to prospective clients to promote our clients product. The role will have a 70% focus on new client acquisition and 30% on existing client retention and upselling.
Salary will be between HKD $400-550k, with quarterly commission-style bonus payments OTE $250k per annum.
- Selling the product suite to new clients on a consistent monthly basis by meeting with new prospects and running trials to deliver the value proposition
- Live/remote product demonstrations for prospects and existing clients
- Managing an existing client base whilst ensuring these clients renew their subscriptions
- Develop and cultivate relationships at the highest levels within client base and prospects
- To identify and deliver increased revenues combined with excellent service levels
- Travelling to Japan quarterly
- Fluent Japanese language skills (reading, writing and spoken),
- An interest and understanding in the infrastructure industry
- Previous Business Development, Sales or Account Management experience
- Experience in sales roles ideally within a market information service vendors or financial services
- Experience working with and presenting to senior level executives
- As well as being enthusiastic, organised, presentable and personable, and candidates should also have strong English communication skills