A global investment bank with 550 staff in Australia is seeking an entry-level recent university graduate to join their team as a Payroll Officer on an initial 12-month contract with view to extend. You will be trained up by senior team members to be able to run the end to end monthly payrun across multiple entities in addition to off cycle payruns where necessary.
Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Maintain and update payroll database
- Maintain and ensuring employees’ records are up to date
- Leave management in WorkDay and iChris.
- Prepare termination calculation
- End of month reporting and remit payment to third party vendors
- Timely lodgement & payment of superannuation, withholding tax and payroll tax to all authorities
- Manage group payroll email inbox ensuring all queries are responded within 48 hours
- Setup timesheets for employees
- Assist in all year end reconciliations
- Partner with Payroll Controllers, HR Business Partners and BU to ensure all pay-related matters are attended to promptly and accurately
- Recent 2021, 2022 University graduate in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or related degree.
- Advance knowledge in Excel (VLookups & Pivot Table) & Microsoft Office
- Up to 12 months Max prior experience in accounts or payroll will be held highly but not required.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Detail oriented, excellent time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Pro-active, flexible and ability to communicate and engage with stakeholders professionally.
- Positive attitude with an open and collaborative approach