Salary description: $55k-$65k +
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a leading marketer and producer of natural resources seeking an enthusiastic junior level commodities trader.
The role is based in Sydney and will involve assisting the oil trading team in a range of facets with emphasis on logistics and trade support. The position will provide training and experience with the intention of leading to a full-time oil trading role.
APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN AUSTRALIA AND BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS.
- Close interaction with the respective Trader and traffic persons, as well as cooperation with other teams such as Chartering, Insurance, Finance, Legal and Compliance;
- Verification of all documents with Compliance and Company internal guidelines;
- Identification of issues and contractual risk and respective advice to Traders;
- Documentary monitoring of the contract from the beginning to the end, including co–managing of contract changes and corrections;
- Drafting/ issuing/ reviewing of purchase and sales contracts including all related legal documents, such as Holding Certificates, storage agreements, pre-finance agreements, guarantees;
- Administration of Purchase and Sales contracts: Purchase/ Sales Order Entry into CTTS, Customer data handling / processing and maintenance, including updating and amending the current data in the internal data system. Filing of documents and archiving;
- Depending on the respective task area, the Contract Writer/ Administrator may have direct contact to customers and/ or colleagues in field offices
Additional responsibilities include
- Vessel chartering or container shipments in co-operation with the chartering department; organising transport
- Insuring risks of each transport as well as material in storage
- Correspondence on availability product; documentation, invoicing, outgoing
and incoming payments, client exposure control and claim handling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Only 1-2 years’ post-university experience – the nature of the role will require someone with less than 3 years’ experience
- Ideally some exposure to logistics or commodities
- University education in Commerce or Engineering, or related field.