Salary description: $55k - $75k depending on experience
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a global commodities business, who has invested over $21 billion into Australia in the Natural Resources sector since 2007.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join their Sydney team as a recent graduate, with up to 2 years’ experience maximum.
You will initially be supporting the trading team for around 6 – 12 months before moving into a Junior Metals Trading role.
Broadly speaking, the successful Trainee Metal Trader applicant would be coordinating a range of tasks in support of the Australian metal traders, who are based in the firm’s Sydney office. The metals desk coordinates the physical sales and delivery of metal products – primarily copper, lead, manganese, iron ore and zinc.
APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN AUSTRALIA AND BE AUSTRALIAN CITIZENS OR PERMANENT RESIDENTS
- Drafting/ issuing/ reviewing of purchase and sales contracts including all related legal documents, such as Holding Certificates, storage agreements, prefinance agreements, guarantees;
- Verification of all documents with Compliance and Company internal guidelines;
- Identification of issues and contractual risk and respective advice to Traders;
- Documentary monitoring of the contract from the beginning to the end, including co–managing of contract changes and corrections;
- Close interaction with the respective Trader and traffic persons, as well as cooperation with other teams such as Chartering, Insurance, Finance, Legal and Compliance;
- Administration of Purchase and Sales contracts: Purchase/ Sales Order Entry into CTTS, Customer data handling / processing and maintenance, including updating and amending the current data in the internal data system. Filing of documents and archiving;
- Depending on the respective task area, the Contract Writer/ Administrator may have direct contact to customers and/ or colleagues in field offices
- 1-3 years post-university experience
- Ideally some exposure to logistics or commodities
- Good grades required from tertiary qualifications with a background in Business/Engineering or a commodities related field
The salary will be $55k – $70k depending on relevant experience.Apply for this Job →