Salary description: Competitive
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
The Corporate Actions Manager performs a critical role in the business. This role will be responsible for managing a team of 5 locally covering Australian and NZ market corporate actions as well as oversight of the offshore processing team. You will also be involved in projects and process improvements.
The Corporate Actions team works to firm deadlines and are often under pressure in a high risk, time critical function.
Their tasks may include review of:
- Domestic corporate action research,
- Corporate actions election processing,
- Corporate actions processing
The manager will be responsible for:
- Managing a small team
- Offshore team oversight
- Projects and process enhancements
- Training and developing staff
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients
- Ensuring all errors are documented in the company’s error tracking system
- Frequent 1 on 1s with seniors and staff as required
- Recruitment of staff
- Reviewing new product implementation
A Manager has the ability to communicate effectively with various people at differing levels. Communication occurs with Investment Managers, Traders and Clients. Internally, regular interactions take place with teams from Investment Administration, Relationship Management, Fund Administration and Custody & Investment Administration, ensuring the timely and correct treatment of Corporate actions. They also deal with ad hoc issues or requests & are often called upon to make urgent decisions on Corporate Actions treatment.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with Investment Bank, Custodian or Fund Manager with a strong focus on Corporate Actions
- 3 years minimum staff management
- Superior technical knowledge in:
- Domestic Corporate events
- Equities products and systems
- Custody, treasury and/or investment management operations.
- Degree qualified in Business, Accounting or related discipline; or relevant work experience in a similar role
- Securities Institute Qualifications (beneficial but not essential)
Key Systems Used
- MS Word & Excel
- FT Interactive Data