The Manager role sits within the Client Delivery team, and is responsible for all aspects of fund performance and risk reporting and client delivery. The role is responsible for the oversight and delivery of all investment performance, attribution and risk reporting services.
The Manager is responsible for managing a small team of investment performance analysts who interact directly with clients to ensure high quality service delivery and outcomes.
- Service Delivery -Oversight for the delivery of all performance, risk and attribution reporting services to Australian clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients to ensure provision of high level of service
- Oversight for performance production activity based in our global operations hub
- Lead client service review meetings, workshops and system demonstrations, in addition to dealing with client queries and resolving issues in a timely and effective manner
- Manage a small team of local client facing analysts to ensure ongoing high level of client service relating to service delivery
- Projects & Change -Play a leading role associated with operational or IT related change aimed at developing, extending, or improving services
- Support the Implementation Manager on the implementation of new services and or on-boarding new business.
Technical skills and experience Required:
- Prior team leading / managerial experience
- Extensive experience working within an investment and performance analytics environment: either Practical experience working in performance, risk and attribution reporting functions within a funds administration environment or ractical experience working in performance related project work (e.g. system implementation or process optimisation) outside of the normal BAU production cycle o Ideally experience managing a small service delivery team
- Practical and theoretical understanding of performance methodologies (e.g. daily time weighted returns, modified dietz, IRR, etc.) & attribution methodologies (e.g. Brinson, arithmetic v geometric, and Fixed Income models)
- Understanding of market data indices (S&P/ASX, MSCI, etc.), characteristics (dividend yield, PE ratio, duration, etc.), and classification schemes (GICS, BICS, etc.)
- Knowledge of use and application of ex-post risk statistics such as tracking error, sharpe ratio, alpha, beta, volatility etc. Understanding of ex-ante risk reporting principles will be highly valued.
- Strong practical understanding of the various asset classes and instrument types, including derivatives and how they should be treated for purposes of performance measurement and exposure reporting
- Strong MS Excel skills