Salary description: $80,000 - $94,999 + super and bonus
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a global asset management business seeking an experience Marketing Manager to run their marketing function for their Australian business. This is a great standalone role, well suited to a marketing associate seeking to step up or a current Marketing Manger seeking a new opportunity to work for a boutique asset management business, that is part of a larger global operation.
Our client has circa $7bn in FUM in Australia, and has circa 30 staff – mostly all in the Sydney office. Many of the products they promote are global asset management products distributed in Australia via the local business.
This position of Marketing Manager sits within the Sales and distribution function. Primarily this role is to promote the products within the business and this will include PR, branding, marketing and advertising coordination.
This role will liaise closely with the entire asset management business, and work closely with the BDMs within the sales team. The ideal applicant would have direct marketing communications experience within asset management for several years. Naturally for this type of position our client is seeking strong written and verbal communication.
Salary will be variable depending on the depth of relevant experience, although we are expecting this role will pay circa $100k inc super + bonus
– Manage the implementation of product branding guidelines across all marketing collateral produced in Australia, including the website, client reports, presentations, PDS’, templates, stationary etc to ensure consistency with global guidelines.
– Identify and review appropriate customised and regular communication from the business and its global partners and disseminate to team members, clients and prospects in Australia & New Zealand.
• Public Relations:
– Preparation of client communication and press releases for the business in Australia, with internal input from headquarters, management and the Sales team.
– Build relationship with external media and manage database of external media contacts.
– Work with global partners to ensure mutually beneficial press coverage and adherence to agreed media policy & strategy.
– Monitor Australian press for communications from the business and related products.
– Liaise with internal and APAC & Global External Communication teams.
– Develop, manage and implement any advertising plans for products in Australia, both in the institutional and retail space. Contingent on advertising budget.
– Build relationships with external sales reps and manage database of contacts.
– Liaise with creative agency and internal global communications teams. Adapt offshore creative templates to local market and compliance requirements when appropriate.
– Monitor appearance of advertising.
– Monitor competitor branding/advertising.
• Corporate event planning, organized internally or directly.
• General market research (industry and product).
• Containing costs to allocated budgets.