Our client is a privately owned US Asset Manager and has been around since 1940s, they have over $2 trillion in funds under management worldwide and are in the top 10 largest fund managers in the world by FUM.
In Sydney, they have an office of 20 staff based in the CBD. They are seeking an Office Manager to join their team in Sydney on an initial 12-month contract.
The Office Manager works as a first-level manager. Is responsible for day-to-day operations, including vendor management, budget management, equipment, and facilities maintenance, supplies procurement and overall upkeep of a premier work environment.
They will provide customer service and support to onsite clients and office visitors and act as a liaison to company resources beyond Office Services such as Legal and Compliance and HR. The Office Manager plays a key role in local leadership groups, including site management committees and Crisis Management Teams.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Acts as the primary manager for the office
- Leads site response in emergencies
- Ensures successful office operations by monitoring and maintaining the office environment, building facilities, and IT equipment
- Manages vendor relationships through effective contract negotiation, ensuring agreed service levels are attained and provides feedback to vendors
- Receives, verifies, and tracks vendor invoices and payments
- Cost tracking and /or managing the site budget
- Keep abreast of internal administrative policies, practices, and guidelines (WebEx, Videoconference and telepresence technology, travel and expense guidelines, Office Services processes)
- Identifies opportunities to improve work processes/flow in order to leverage own and the department’s workload
- Provides visitors’ support, including but not limited to assigning visitor offices, scheduling meetings, reserving meeting rooms, making meal reservations, and booking car transfers
- Partner with HR and other divisions to prepare and coordinate requirements for new hires and departing associates (workspace, IT equipment, security access, office supplies, printed stationery, and a brief orientation on day one for new hires)
- May provide event planning support to coordinate, plan, and execute a variety of meetings and events (e.g. client meetings, corporate events, summer/winter socials, and office retreats)
- 5+ years experience in a similar Office Manager role ideally for a global business with global reporting lines
- Demonstrates ability to coordinate work among external third parties and internal function
- Demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues and recommending solutions
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills with a diverse group of associates, senior business leaders, and a diverse group of individuals outside the organisation
- Demonstrates effective and professional service orientation and builds appropriate rapport with internal and external contacts
- Demonstrates ability to plan processes and work for a group or team to assure work is completed in a timely manner
- Demonstrates ability to effectively plan and manage the work of others