The Risk Manager will be working within the Risk and Compliance team reporting to the Chief Risk Officer to help embed the risk management framework in Australia, working collaboratively on a risk uplift program over a 9 month period.
The role can be hired in either Melbourne or Sydney, but a high preference to hiring it in Melbourne.
The role will include taking a lead role on management of key projects and initiatives including:
- Development and delivery of risk enhancement initiative programs
- Support the risk team in the uplift of risk management tools, practices and policies to assess and manage the Branch risks
- Support embedding uplift of risk programmes across non-financial risk themes
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and business units to foster a team-based approach and risk-aware culture
- Preparation of reports and submissions to the project working groups and the Project Steering Committee
- The role will report functionally to the Chief Risk Officer, Australia.
- Professional and or appropriate qualification in Business/Legal/Audit /Compliance)
- Extensive experience in Financial Services (7+ years) in non-financial risk practices preferably in:
- Banking/Asset Servicing /Fund Administration/Capital Markets/Insurance/Cash Payments operations, at both a First line and Second line level
- A variety of operational and/or business roles, including deep knowledge of key banking regulators: APRA, ASIC and AUSTRAC
- Meaningful exposure to risk and compliance and a clear appreciation of internal controls/governance and oversight across all 3 lines of defence
- Ability to collaborate and maintain positive partnerships with business partners while at the same time remaining objective, with an ability to make an independent assessment of the risk environment and business challenges, and work toward practical risk mitigation actions
- Experience in writing policies and procedures for broad business consumption. Proven track record in understanding and managing regulatory change in a commercial and practical way
- Experience in report writing for an executive or committee level audience