Our client is a global trading business that focus on the trading primarily of futures, options and equity derivatives. Their Sydney business has about 200 staff, with about eight in operations. This position of Operations Associate will sit within their operations team, and reports to the Operations Manager.
They are an employer of choice in Sydney and are known for a great work life balance, and a great relaxed work environment. This position would suit an operations professional who has experience with a hedge fund, fund manager or global investment bank and seeking a more balanced work environment.
The ideal applicant would have a few years’ experience within corporate actions, equity derivatives operations, asset management operations or futures & options settlement/support and ideally have some daily PnL experience.
As an Operations Associate you will be responsible for responsible for trade capture and position reconciliations, ensuring trades are captured in an efficient and timely manner and positions are accurate and reconciled to external brokers. The Position also provides profit and loss estimates for the day’s activity.
The role requires an understanding of financial instruments especially equities, futures and equity derivatives, as the successful candidate will be working with experienced traders in the financial sector. Knowing how to work directly with traders and having good working relationships is essential.
- Have an in depth knowledge of handling trade flow through to settlement.
- Have sound knowledge of international financial markets and products, both listed and OTC derivatives.
- Reconcile position breaks.
- Produce nightly profit and loss estimate and reconciliation to front office.
- Handling of corporate action and dividend needs to cover economic implications of flows as well as operational booking and reconciling requirements.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve any position/cash discrepancies.
- Contribute to system improvement to help streamline daily processes.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Operational knowledge of Asian securities markets ideal
- Thorough knowledge of equity and OTC derivatives in particular equity swaps
- Strong corporate actions needs to cover economic implications of flows as well as operational booking and reconciling requirements