Salary description: Competitive
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
A leading Australian stockbroking firm is seeking an experienced Paraplanner with 2+ years’ experience to assist financial planners by providing technical assistance in the preparation of financial strategies and delivering financial advice to clients.
• Meeting with clients to discuss financial planning strategies and advice.
• Ensure timely completion of all Statements of Advice.
• Maintain compliance within all correspondence and Statements of Advice.
• Maintain a strong technical knowledge and resourcefulness in sourcing technical and strategic information.
• Maintain knowledge on legislation in relation to all aspects of Financial Planning, including superannuation, social security and taxation.
• Identify and implement enhancements to processes in how we deliver financial advice to clients.
• Maintain and acquire knowledge of latest financial planning strategies and report back to management for dissemination to advisers to ensure the ongoing advice to clients is leading edge.
• Assist other Para planners across the organisation.
• Provide training and information sessions where appropriate.
• Prepare clients’ periodic reports and where necessary make recommendations on alternative strategies.
• Conduct research, when required, on various listed and unlisted investments.
• Identify and implement enhancements to processes and procedures in the paraplanning and strategic advice fields.
• Provide additional assistance to the department and other departments on an as required basis.
• Completed a degree in Financial Planning, or related field.
• RG 146 in all financial planning related specialisations.
• At least 2+ years’ Paraplanning experience.
• A thorough understanding of the X-Plan software package.