A global bank with 600 staff in Australia is seeking a junior Payroll Officer or Assistant Accountant looking to step up into Payroll to join their team.
You will be trained up and responsible for the ownership of end to end monthly payrun of around 600 employees across multiple entities in addition to off cycle payrun where necessary
System: iChris (preferred but not requried)
- Maintain and update payroll database
- Maintain and ensuring employees’ records are up to date
- Leave management in WorkDay and iChris.
- Prepare termination calculation
- End of month reporting and remit payment to third party vendors
- Timely lodgement & payment of superannuation, withholding tax and payroll tax to all authorities
- Manage group payroll email inbox ensuring all queries are responded within 48 hours
- Setup timesheets for employees
- Assist in all year end reconciliations
- Partner with Payroll Controllers, HR Business Partners and BU to ensure all pay-related matters are attended to promptly and accurately
- Minimum 2 years payroll, assistant accountant or junior HR experience (
- Excellent Communication skills
- Detail oriented, excellent time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Pro-active, flexible and ability to communicate and engage with stakeholders professionally.
- Positive attitude with an open and collaborative approach