Salary description: Daily rate equivalent of $90-120k base
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading Superannuation Fund which invests both directly and indirectly in all major asset classes, including cash, domestic and international fixed interest, currency, Australian and international equities, listed property and private equity.
This is an exciting opportunity to join its Melbourne office for a 12 month contract to cover for staff moving onto a project.
This role is responsible for fixed interest, equities and multi-asset investment performance analysis, commentary and conclusion support to the front office investment management process. The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Co-ordinate delivery of multi-currency performance analysis and attribution at security and portfolio levels. Analysis will include attribution, market / competitor and quant projects;
- Co-ordinate and review reporting and respond to queries relating to investment performance;
- Deliver multi currency, security and portfolio level attribution analysis and reporting – including detailed analysis identifying incremental return differences between the portfolio and a benchmark, detailed information on asset mix, portfolio characteristics, risk, impact of turnover, market value and market capitalisation;
- Timely and accurate reporting, analysis, conclusions and commentary on investments;
- Liaise and interact with Portfolio Managers, Client Managers, Client Services and external parties such as performance consultants and research houses.
- Contribute to the development of efficiency and improvements to the Performance Analytics and Investment Control functions, processes and procedures;
- Work closely with team members across the Performance Analytics and Investment Control functions to ensure optimum output.
You will be a motivated and proven professional with a degree in commerce, business or finance. You will have at least 5 years of performance analytics experience. You will have a solid understanding of fixed interest and equities products and attribution. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or a related field;
- 3+ years performance analytics experience;
- Good knowledge of the Australian & International funds management industry, including industry issues, trends, investment products and processes;
- Good knowledge of securities both domestically and internationally;
- Ability to work across functional business teams to influence change strategies and drive implementation of business improvements.