Salary description: Competitive
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
A leading investment bank requires an equity markets focused Project Manager with a significant track record of managing multiple projects.
This is a unique role in that the focus of the position is likely to be project management and project coordination for the Equity Middle Office function also partly some team leadership and team management.
The role’s main aspects include but are not limited to the oversight and completion of Projects for the Equity Operations division, People Management, Ad-hoc Coverage of the team leading duties for equity Ops and the strategic planning for the team.
The Projects Manager is responsible for project managing the incoming projects for the equity operations team including local, regional & global projects.
Ensuring effective prioritisation, budget approvals and management & engagement with all stakeholders to ensure appropriate design and delivery. Adherence to firm policies, turnover requirements and Change Management process will be integral to the role, as well as communicating workbook, progress and achievements.
- Management of the Securities Operations project agenda including schedule planning, testing, sign off and overall program management
- LEAN execution
- Gaining understanding of ASX regulations and reporting requirements as they pertain to the business;
- Developing strong relationships with key Business Units (including Sales Traders, Stock Lending,,Legal & Compliance, Global/Regional Projects Team, IT etc) to deliver quality service and solutions to their evolving business requirements;
- Escalation of risk or exposure issues that arise;
- Maintain a clear focus on enhancing control and continuously improving and reducing operational risk. U
- Identify measures and escalate control-related issues.
- Proactively explore tactical and strategic solutions to close identified control gaps, working with other groups as appropriate. Ensure existence of mitigating controls and constantly question procedures, checklists and reports to ensure that they are current and accurate
- Lead and manage/facilitate senior steering and other operating committee meetings
- 5-6 years’ experience in an operations role
- 2-3 years’ experience in a project management role
- 2-3 years experience in varied trade support or client service role an advantage.