Salary description: $130 - 155k + Super
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client, a global investment bank, is seeking a Project Manager with a Real Estate focus for an initial 6 month contract. The primary function will be the responsibility of leading the delivery of property projects arising in the numerous Australian offices.
The Project Management team works closely with other Corporate Services functions, internal clients, IT and external vendors to ensure that space delivery and the on-going facility management process is seamless. The Project Manager Australia will maintain such relationships in carrying out the duties involved in the position and, in particular, will work closely with the Project Control Manager Asia.
Design and Construction Management
- Liaise and coordinate with internal and external Design Teams including Architectural, M&E Engineering and other consultants.
- Chair weekly Design Team meetings; prepare meeting minutes and action logs.
- Resolve conflicts amongst design disciplines.
- Coordinate vendors and contractors working on project sites.
- Review client requirements and develop detailed project briefs.
- Provide regular communication to internal client on project status.
- Maintain an overall master program and manage key milestone deliverables.
- Update progress against the program on a regular basis.
- Manage programming impacts of variations and scope changes.
- Identify, evaluate, review, maintain and update risk issues.
- Document risk issues in assessment reports.
- Prepare risk mitigation plans.
- Manage overall Major Expenditure Request (MER) budgets.
- Manage and update cost-tracking documentation and invoice registers.
- Carry out monthly Anticipated Final Cost (AFC) calculations.
- Carry out payment certification and advise the company when vendor payments are due.
- Manage vendor tendering, selection and appointment processes.
- 8+ years’ project management experience in the construction industry preferably with some exposure to investment banking.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, construction management or a related field.
- Good knowledge of architectural and building services engineering/interior fit-out projects.
- Budget management skills.
- Multinational experience an advantage.
- Vendor management experience including tendering and other procurement methods.