Our client is an established property and hospitality group with a track record dating back to the 1960s. With more than 50 years of experience and expertise, they are primarily engaged in the development and sale of residential and commercial properties, property investments and hospitality operations in key locations across the Asia-Pacific region.
Between 2004 and 2022 the group developed and launched 56 developments in Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia.
The Property Analyst role will assist in being accountable for driving and delivering the asset management and/or development process from acquisition through to final exit strategy including sales/leasing/divestment.
Ideal profiles will have a strong educational profile, strong analysis, reporting, and modelling experience, and around 2 – 4 years prior relevant property analysis experience from another leading Commercial or Residential Property Group
Reporting to the Managing Director – Australia/NZ this role will assist in the implementation of the agreed strategy for each asset/site, delivering enhanced value to RPI in the short, medium, and long term. Will demonstrate an innovative and adaptable approach, to achieve a high standard of management and financial returns.
• Assist in the evaluation and assessment of opportunities utilising the expertise of consultants for local market research and advice as required.
• Assist in carrying out investment/development feasibility analysis and report to the team.
• Commercial Office Valuation Modelling – Forbury
• Development Feasibility Modelling – Estate Master (Residential).
• Define market demand to effectively position each project/asset including understanding and setting leasing, marketing, sales goals.
• Assist team in managing acquisition DD process – program and task requirements ie managing DD Folders, Consultant Fees tracking, cost planning spreadsheets etc
• Compiling, analysing, and distributing Economic data etc and updating teams regularly.
• Compiling, analysing, and distributing Market Leasing/Sales Data and updating teams regularly.
• Compiling, analysing, and distributing Construction rates/data etc and updating teams regularly.
• Assist in implementation of strategy on designated real estate assets.
• Responsible for coordinating appropriate market and demographic research.
• Assist Asset Manager to develop and analyse Asset Strategies, budgets and financial information.
• Prepare market and initial asset analysis, including trends, competition reports, and general asset information.
• Prepare financial analysis to support lease recommendations.
• Assist Asset Manager to negotiate all terms of a lease contract with prospective tenants and partners with Legal team to edit lease agreements and necessary legal documents.
• Ensure lease obligations are fulfilled, documentation and company issues are resolved.
• Assist in building and directing a team of external real estate brokers to execute company strategies with respect to real estate activities and management.
• Regularly and efficiently communicate with all parties involved in a project (i.e. sponsor, stakeholders, team members, etc.).
• Assist in preparation of monthly reports including tenancy schedules and financial statements.
• Monitor all leasing activity to ensure maximum occupancy and income, and manage the leasing process, including overseeing providing tenants with access information, and overseeing credit checks for all potential tenants.
• Responsible for monitoring the property management team.
• Model a full lifecycle financial analysis for projects/assets in the portfolio with associated CAPEX budgets.
• Work with property management team to actively manage all lease renewals across portfolio.
• Assist in actively managing and maximising Valuation outcomes for 6/12 monthly valuations of all investment assets.
• Actively manage approved capital expenditure projects across portfolio including tendering and appointing consultants and contractors as required.
• Assist Development Director/Manager through all stages of development from acquisition through design, construction, sales/leasing/divestment/settlement (whichever is applicable).
• Monitor financial feasibility for all development projects engaging analytical support as required.
• Assist with appointment and management of external project managers, architects, planners, builders, and technical consultants as required.
• Assist in preparation of financial reporting to be distributed to stakeholders as agreed with management.
• Create & maintain formal avenues for communication with project teams on a weekly & monthly basis.
• Assist in Monthly Reporting including Cost reporting.
• Assisting in management of tender processes and Contract Administration.
The ideal candidate will have a strong educational profile, strong analysis, reporting and modelling experience and around 2 – 4 years relevant property analysis experience from another leading Commercial or Residential Property development group.
• Appetite to learn independently and from wider team/industry across a range of asset classes including, residential, retail & commercial.
• Proactive, flexible, and self-driven and able to work well autonomously and in a team.