Salary description: $110k-130k AUD base
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a global investment bank seeking a Quant Market Risk candidate to work as part of the 4. This role is an exceptional opportunity that is primarily intended to focus on quantitative risk management activities.
The team develops quant models through the programming language R, so experience in R would be ideal, although extensive quant risk model building experience on different programming languages such as SQL, C++ or Matlab would also be of interest. A comparable role within an investment bank would likely be a Senior Market Risk Analyst or Quant Risk Analyst, in close support of an EQD or fixed income or FICC OTC trading team.
You will have a strong academic profile as many in the team come from a Masters or PhD level education within computer science, mathematics or finance. You will also have a strong understanding of a wide range of derivative products from a front office trading perspective, as well as understanding how these instruments are priced and their risk profile can be measured. You would also be expected to collaborate with others in the team on derivative risk management.
This is a well-paying role in line with the senior level of risk analysis experience our client is seeking. The starting salary will be $110-140k + super + bonus and will likely rise within a few years once you have proven your quant risk capabilities within this role.
- Risk quantification methodologies, including margining models/rates and stress testing
- Methodologies for instrument valuation and pricing, including yield curve modelling approaches for Equity OTC Derivatives
- Design, development and validation of key models
- Back testing and reverse stress testing design and implementation
- Development of portfolio risk analysis including correlation, liquidity and concentration risk analysis
- Developing robust standards, processes and controls
- Customer engagement and market consensus discussions on new initiatives
- Understand risk modelling practices using globally leading best practise solutions
- Work with internal stakeholders to assist in the assessment and design of new clearing products and services
- 5 years’ experience at a bank, broker or exchange in quantitative markets / risk technology or a related areas
- Quant/ Maths/ Science education up to Masters required
- Strong programming experience with a preference given to candidates with strong command of R and SQL
- Experience with model development, testing and implementation necessary
- Strong knowledge of risk management concepts and techniques
- Experience leading project driven work streams
- Knowledge of CCP practices
- Strong postgraduate education
This is a great opportunity paying in the range of $110-140k base depending on experience.Apply for this Job →