Salary description: $90k - $120k + super + bonus
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a global trading business that focuses on the trading primarily of futures, options and equity derivatives. Globally they have a few offices and their main operation for Asia-Pacific is based in Sydney. Their Sydney business has about 140 staff, with several trading teams across different products. This position of Quant Analyst will work in a small team of 4 and report to the Head of Quant Research.
Building virtually all of their own trading technology from scratch, they are leaders and innovators in high performance, low latency trading. Their traders, quants, developers, and systems engineers work side by side to develop and implement their trading strategies. Each individual brings their unique expertise every day to help them make optimal decisions in the global financial markets.
You will join the Quantitative Research team that supports our trading across multiple financial products and Asian markets. You will be responsible for making their existing trading strategies better by applying your background, experience and intuition to their data, driving next steps and contributing to the success of the firm. To do this, you will have access to large data sets, often terabytes of data, containing billions of records daily.
Seeking candidates with:
- Ideally a PhD or equivalent degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, finance, engineering, or related discipline
- Programming experience and interest, preferably in C++ or Python
- Experience working with large, often messy, data sets
- Experience in, or desire to learn about, financial products, markets and trading