The role of a Relationship Associate is to serve as a direct and dedicated resource for the Consultant Relations, Business Development, and Client Relations staff based within the Sydney office, and to a lesser extent, support the Singapore-based team members.
The Sydney & Singapore teams are responsible for maintaining and advancing the business’s competitive edge in the areas of marketing, sales, and client service to provide the best service possible consistent with achieving our investment goals. The Associate will work under the direct supervision of the regional team leader and their assigned regional team members.
- Dedicated responsibility for specific reporting and fixed client service tasks each month
- Provide dedicated support to Relationship Managers in an effort to build and maintain relationships with the business institutional prospects, investment consultants, and existing clients
- Provide general client servicing and ad hoc support to clients, consultants, and custodians who will habitually engage the team via e-mail and phone.
- Interact effectively with prospects and consultants in person, over the phone, and via written communication, as appropriate, and in conjunction with the Consultant Relations and Business Development teams.
- Assist in the preparation for the prospect, consultant, and client meetings, including coordination of calendars and Pivotal updates, participation in pre-meetings, meetings, and presentation materials, and assistance with any follow-up items and meeting notes.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the businesses policies and procedures in order to help facilitate the efficient delivery of information and services to the prospect, consultant, and client community
- Understand and articulate the business’s investment strategies, philosophy, and process
- Work closely with the business’s team of investment professionals independently and at the direction of the assigned regional team leader to ensure each client, consultant, or prospect experiences the highest level of satisfaction.
- Collaborate with various groups including Graphics, Performance, Investment teams, Shareholder Services, RFP, as well as Legal and Compliance
- At least 24 months of experience in the investment management business
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Commerce, Finance related discipline
- Demonstrated understanding of investment strategies and markets
- Demonstrated superior client service skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication capabilities
- Previous experience working with relationship, marketing, or consultant management teams preferred
- High energy, positive attitude, professional and mature
- Approach work with confidence
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks, set goals, and meet deadlines
- Self-directed and motivated
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to professionally represent the business