Location: Hong Kong
Salary description: HKD $400k-600k
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global management consulting firm seeking a sharp capital markets focused Research Analyst to join their team in Hong Kong.
The research team works in support of management consulting teams across the region and is broadly tasked with providing research support to deliver analysis and insights on an industry, that can then be delivered to clients.
This role will provide partial support to the specific Private Banking/Wealth Management practice as well as regional support to the Financial Institutions practice more broadly. The analyst will need to be confident on PowerPoint and Excel to help present and manipulate data, and also be fluent across both English and Mandarin. The ideal candidate background would be a several years of post-university experience within financial markets in an analytical style role, ideally with some experience in Financial Markets, Capital Markets, Banking or Insurance.
- Build analytical products (e.g., benchmarking, primary market sizing, usage of practice proprietary tools)
- Provide sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (e.g., Excel data manipulation, client‐ready PowerPoint slides)
- Partner with case teams to identify & address critical knowledge needs
- Provide customized knowledge for client work, prepares well‐developed client‐ready deliverables
- 2‐4+ years’ industry experience or 1‐2+ years’ consulting experience
- Excellent Mandarin/English language skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, finance etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative and credible
- Experience in the financial sector
- Ability to codify & develop knowledge
- Ability to provide industry advice with solid analytical skills
- Ability to multi‐task & operate effectively in a matrix organisation