Location: Hong Kong
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global management consulting firm seeking a sharp insurance focused Research Analyst to join their team in Hong Kong.
The purpose of the research team is to analyse the dynamics of the insurance industry and design the future landscape.
The function relies on understanding the key drivers for value creation, i.e., IT, sales force efficiency, asset management, back office productivity. Through research objectives the team creates and identifies new ways to manage an insurance company by providing the adequate tools and processes (e.g., value management, controlling systems).
The analyst will need to be confident on PowerPoint and Excel to help present and manipulate data, and also be fluent across both English and Mandarin. The ideal candidate background would be a several years of post-university experience within insurance or financial markets in an analytical style role.
- Gain a sophisticated understanding and application of insurance knowledge for case teams.
- Build analytical products (e.g., benchmarking, primary market sizing, usage of practice proprietary tools)
- Provide sophisticated synthesis and packaging of results (e.g., Excel data manipulation, client‐ready
- Partner with case teams to identify & address critical knowledge needs
- Provide customized knowledge for client work, prepares well‐developed client‐ready deliverables
- 3‐5+ years’ industry experience or 1‐2+ years’ consulting experience
- Excellent Mandarin/English language skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, Finance etc
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative and credible
- Experience in the insurance sector preferably within life insurance
- Ability to codify & develop knowledge
- Ability to provide industry advice with solid analytical skills
- Ability to multi‐task & operate effectively in a matrix organisation