Contract or Temporary
Our client is a leading global financial services organisation seeking an experienced Risk & Compliance SME to join them on an initial 12-month contract.
Reporting into the Head of Regulatory Response, the successful candidate will join a team of experienced risk and compliance professionals, working collaboratively with the business and second line teams both in Australia and offshore to deliver remediation risk programs/activities.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert advice and effective second line review and challenge across the Australian business on the Risk Management Framework, operational risk mitigation strategies and controls.
- Advise on new initiatives and strategies from a risk and compliance perspective.
- Manage the delivery of non-financial risk and compliance initiatives when required.
- Analyse existing business practices, policies, processes, and procedures to identify where process improvements and enhancements can be made.
- Design and implement controls and processes to ensure compliance to obligations.
- Support the second line teams with day-to-day activities, including development of risk mitigating strategies and controls.
- Contribute to the preparation and enhancement of risk and compliance reporting to relevant governance/business forums with a focus on value add to drive appropriate risk management practices.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 5-7+ years’ experience in risk management within Australia’s financial services / APRA-regulated entities including business partnering roles.
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Law, Finance, Risk, or related field.
- Practical experience in implementing operational risk management frameworks, systems and tools.
- Deep knowledge of internal controls’ governance and oversight across all 3 lines of defence.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to analyse business processes and risks to identify control/process improvements.
- Report writing and presentation to a wide range of stakeholders including at an executive or committee level audience.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), including ability to understand issues and highlight potential solutions.
- Ability to operate independently, multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create complex and successful strategies for risk mitigation.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Data Analytics (i.e., Tableau, PowerBI).
- Experience in Risk Culture Framework design and implementation.
- Exposure to first line/second line/operational roles in in Asset Servicing /Fund Administration/Capital Markets/Cash Payments operations are highly regarded.
- Certified in standards such as Cobit, COSO, ISO17799, ITIL, NIST or CISSP.