Salary description: $65k-$75k base salary
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
A well-known Australian broker requires a highly motivated professional to join its Corporate Actions team. There are two roles available, one more senior and one requires a minimum 2 years’ corporate actions experience.
The key activities for this role are the researching and processing of corporate action events for domestic and international (US, UK) stocks, including but not limited to, dividend entitlements and calculations, placements, rights issues, bonus issues and capital reconstructions.
- Processing and setting up of all of the above corporate actions/events;
- The monitoring of corporate event notices, advising the front office of pending corporate events (i.e. Purchase offers, exchange offers, disclosure events etc);
- Facilitate client requests and process instructions from clients participating in Placements and IPOs;
- Submitting instructions into the internal systems to instruct on traders instructions before event deadlines;
- Arranging for internal redemption and conversion tickets to be booked by traders when the depots advise us of credit proceeds;
- Reconciling stock and cash breaks cause;
- Following up on information that is lacking upon announcement by liaising with company secretaries, registries and investor relations departments;
- Setting up of elections for dividend reinvestment plans and bonus share plans;
- Create and maintain Corporate Actions templates;
- Import data from various sources;
- Dividend calculations;
- Reconciling balances for ex and record dates for all of the above income payments.
- Over 2 years’ corporate actions experience with a broker, investment bank or trading firm;
- Competent understanding of equities and the corporate actions operation process;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Ideally tertiary qualifications or study in a financial services related discipline;
- Good attention to detail, being able to work to tight deadlines and problem solving skills.