Salary description: Competitive depending on experience
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is seeking to hire a Snr DevOps Engineer to their rapidly growing Sydney team. Our client is among the fastest growing, most recognized FinTech startups globally and is the market leader in developing distributed ledger technology applied to the market infrastructure and financial services sector. Backed by leading financial institutions, infrastructure providers and financial software providers, the company is delivering enterprise-grade solutions for post-trade services.
Drawing on your experience designing and operating production systems, industry best practices, and close collaboration with your peers, you will develop the infrastructure, processes, tools, and standards that will enable this leading-edge equity markets platform to achieve the highest levels of performance, reliability, security, and operability.
- Partnership with the development and product teams to define and deliver against the service and capability requirements of the solution.
- Operational areas of concern, such as availability, resiliency, instrumentation, scalability, etc, have well-developed, tested, and documented solutions.
- A well-defined and efficient testing strategy for non-functional requirements is in place.
- Installation and configuration of our solutions is easy and intuitive at any scale – from docker on the desktop to large distributed deployments.
- Ongoing contribution to the system design as the product needs evolve.
Technical experience with:
- Google Cloud, Amazon AWS, Configuration Management tools, Linux, Docker, Terraform
- Build & Packaging tools (Maven/Make/NPM/Artifactory)
- Databases (Cassandra, Postgres)
- Microservice architectures and ecosystems (Kubernetes/Envoy/Linkerd/Lambda/Nginx/HAproxy/Etcd)
- Message Bus systems (Rabbitmq/Kafka)
- Monitoring systems (Datadog/New Relic/Prometheus or similar)
- Log management tools (ELK stack or similar)
- Experience supporting asynchronous/reactive applications
- Scripting experience (BASH, Python)
- Experience designing and supporting complex (multi-tier, services based) production systems at scale. Java/Scala centric platforms preferred
- Experience in development / scripting of configuration and systems management.
- Experience with SDLC tools (version control(Git), Issue Tracker (Jira) etc), and delivery using the agile methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to interface and build rapport with clients in the context of requirements gathering and production support.
- A strong sense of craftsmanship and pride in your work.
- An interest in financial markets and cryptography.
- Past experience that shows commitment to role (“all-in”).
- Preferred work history in the financial sector.
- Strong commercial orientation with a deep passion for customer-driven design and development throughout the SDLC.
- Collaborative approach that factors and embraces and insists upon diverse perspectives as a strategic imperative.
- Open, strong communicator who communicates effectively across groups, locations and cultures, in-person and virtually.
- Courage of convictions with a high degree of humility. Embraces constructive feedback and is resilient.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline.
The ideal candidate will have ideally 6-10 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer. The position will pay a generous salary, based on experience, with a bonus component and equity ownership in this rapidly growing Fintech start-up.Apply for this Job →