Salary description: SGD $100k - $200k base salary
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
This is a great opportunity to work in a newly created position in Singapore to review and support ESG Investments, and support ESG analysis in the investment decision making process.
The ideal candidate would have some ESG exposure and exposure to proxy voting activity. Although proxy voting is not a heavy focus of this role because there is a full operations-focused proxy voting team. In this regard, our client has a well structured “Governance” framework already embedded into their investment process. So for this ESG position they will seek a candidate who is stronger at E & S more than G, if this makes sense.
While this position is a Senior ESG Analyst, it’s a relatively senior and high profile position working right beside the Investment teams with our client in Singapore. As such the corporate level will likely be AVP or VP. There is also the very likely opportunity to move forward to a Portfolio Manager over time, so this job has excellent forward progression opportunities because it’s quite a visible investment-focused ESG position.
Because there is progression to one of the Investment team this ESG Analyst needs to be dynamic, well-educated and a strong communicator. Ideally if you are part of full CFA qual would be helpful, and some ESG-focused education would also be preferred.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Investments division to integrate ESG analysis into the investment decision making process, provide ESG data as required, and complete ESG risk analysis within portfolios and sector coverage as required.
- Design and run systems and processes to ensure early identification of key ESG issues/trends of relevance to the Investments division, which may involve requisite analysis of the risks and their potential impact to investment returns.
- Support investment analysis, fund managers and RFP teams by serving as the expert on ESG issues, and providing inputs on ESG content.
- Support proxy voting activities, including review of research and recommendations by ISS and other internal/external research, and administration of ISS Proxy Exchange portal.
- Work with various internal client facing teams to illustrate to clients/investment consultants that ESG thinking is embedded into the firm’s investment process.
Other Investment Related Areas
- Review and document operational processes/procedures and systems for Investments division, including identification and assessment of potential areas to streamline or automate for improved efficiencies, lower cost and/or lower operational risk.
- Contribute to strengthen governance structure and processes of the Investments division to ensure compliance, good control and best practice.
- Liaise with service providers such as broker/dealers and technology vendors to deliver the best quality services at the desired cost.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good knowledge of ESG and proxy voting, and demonstrate interest in responsible investing.
- Good understanding of asset management industry, and knowledge of financial products.
- Ability to work in a complex, global environment.
- Pro-active, self-starter and problem solver, with excellent people and influencing skills.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5-10 years’ experience directly in an ESG or SRI-related function within an asset management company, rating agency, index provider, sell side research team or relevant consulting firm.
- Prior experience in an investment role will be advantageous.
- A strong command of written and spoken English.
SG EA Licence No.15S7735Apply for this Job →