Salary description: $80-100k [fixed term contract]
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- No Experience years of experience
Our client is a prominent global financial markets business, with an opportunity in the trade support function beside the FICC trading team in the Melbourne office. This team directly supports the FICC front office desk and is responsible for checking the positions, P&L and risk exposure of the Front Office. Initial 6m contract duration.
Our client is a prominent global financial markets business, with an opportunity in the trade support function beside the FICC trading team in the Melbourne office.
This role will be recruited on an initial 6m contract, with the possibility for extension.
This team directly supports the FICC front office desk and is responsible for checking the positions, P&L and risk exposure of the Front Office.
The Senior Middle Office Officer will have responsibility for:
- Support and control of the Asia/Pac FX/MM desk with the process covering Spots, forwards, FX swaps
- Ensuring deals are received in the system and processed without issues.
- Timely investigation/resolution of queries and escalation.
- Investigate issues relating to settlement
- Checking that Front Office positions are correctly hedged.
- Performing intraday check to ensure that the Front Office has not breached intraday trading limits.
- Perform various reconciliations between systems to ensure the accuracy of STP data flows between Front, Middle and Back Office systems.
- Assisting with the set-up or modification of static data for new or existing clients across the various Front and Back Office systems to facilitate straight through processing.
- Perform daily P&L calculations and reconciliations between Front and accounting systems.
- Confirming the daily P&L to the desk on the different business lines.
- Reporting daily and monthly P&L to management.
- Required Skills:
- Numeric skills with high attention to detail.
- A decisive nature and ability to work under pressure.
- Background in foreign exchange or cash/funding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all levels from Senior Management to Officer level as well with different cultures.
- 3-5 years’ commercial experience in a middle office role.
- Strong understanding of Foreign exchange products.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Experience with implementation of new procedures with new products and systems.
- Degree qualified in Business/Finance/Economics or similar discipline.