Salary description: $90-100k base
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is a leading US Asset Manager with a sizable presence in Sydney. They are seeking a senior fund accountant to join their team in Sydney
As a member of the small Operations team, the Senior Fund Accountant will be involved in a full spectrum of investment accounting and operational issues as well as providing business support to Fund Managers/Finance/Compliance teams and prepare various internal and external reporting.
A key part of the Senior Fund Accountant’s role is to provide full operational support to various Asset Management business units, and to prepare regular monthly, quarterly accounting for external clients and internal MIS reporting.
Review monthly, quarterly financial fund reporting for the trusts. This involves communicating with the custodian and fund managers to ensure all information required to complete the accounts is received on a timely basis.
- Cash flow instructions to custodian for income and expenses
- Daily bank reconciliation
- Review monthly unit pricing, financial accounts and tax reports
- Maintain the trusts investments on the investment system and reconcile this information to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Prepare quarterly accounts to support the quarterly reports which are sent to clients
- Prepare monthly BAS returns, PAYG and annual financial accounts and tax return pack for the portfolios (including CGT and taxable income calculations)
- Investigate queries from clients and Fund Managers on an ad-hoc basis
- This person will also be involved in various projects initiated by the business or by clients e.g. Fund accounting transition for client portfolios and system upgrade or enhancements etc.
Qualifications & Experience required:
5+ years’ experience in Fund administration with at least 1 years experience in a senior reviewing capacity across:
- Unit pricing
- Regulatory & statutory reporting
- Tax reporting
- Valuation and Accounting
- Distributions or Taxable Income Calculations
- Tax Returns