- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading funds management business. Within their fund services team, they are seeking a senior candidate with equities and fixed income trade matching to join their team on an initial 6 month contract with a view for extension.
The successful applicant will ideally have experience using the OMGEO CTM system for trade matching and at least 4 years experience across Fixed Income, FX and Equities. Also as this role is very client focused, you must have impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
As part of the middle office team, the primary responsibilities will be to ensure the matching, trade management and reporting of fixed income transactions. This matching is time sensitive and involves dealing with Australian and international markets.
- Matching and follow up of all fixed income transactions
- Meeting internal & market deadlines
- Providing a timely response to client queries (i.e. client, custodian & other external and internal business units) via email and phone
- Team leading responsibilities
- Ensuring all KPIs, check lists and other controls and checks are performed and signed-off as required each day
- Remain client focused at all times, identify issues, process improvements and areas of changes as well as drive improvements through to implementation
- Ensuring operational risk guidelines are adhered to
- Dealing with ad hoc issues or requests
To be successful in this role you will need to come from a middle office / trade support background with a strong client service ethic as there will be frequent communication with Brokers, Investment Managers and Operations.
- Degree education – preferable commerce and finance
- In-depth knowledge of the fixed income, equities markets and associated asset classes
- Previous Fixed Income experience
- Knowledge of the International markets
- Strong knowledge of Swift, the various Swift messages and there purpose
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to build and retain strong effective working relationships remotely or face-to-face
- A resilient, can-do, pro-active & professional approach to their work
- Having a self-motivational, pro-active manner and team orientated mind-set
- Taking full responsibility and accountability for the functions they perform