Salary description: $80k - $100k base salary
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
A global bank is seeking an experienced candidate to join their Middle Office. This team directly supports the FX and MM front office desk for the region and is responsible for checking the positions, P&L and risk exposure of the Front Office.
The Senior Middle Office Officer will have responsibility for:
- Support and control of the AsiaPac FX/MM desk with the process covering spots, forwards, FX swaps, loans/deposit.
- Ensuring deals are received in the system and processed without issues.
- Timely investigation/resolution of queries and escalation.
- Investigate issues relating to settlement
- Checking that Front Office positions are correctly hedged.
- Performing intraday check to ensure that the Front Office has not breached intraday trading limits.
- Perform various reconciliations between systems to ensure the accuracy of STP data flows between Front, Middle and Back Office systems.
- Assisting with the set-up or modification of static data for new or existing clients across the various Front and Back Office systems to facilitate straight through processing.
- Perform daily P&L calculations and reconciliations between Front and accounting systems.
- Confirming the daily P&L to the desk on the different business lines.
- Reporting daily and monthly P&L to management.
- Numeric skills with high attention to detail.
- High level computer literacy including Excel and Access (VBA required).
- A decisive nature and ability to work under pressure.
- Background in foreign exchange or cash/funding.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with all levels from Senior Management to Officer level as well with different cultures.
- 5 years’ commercial experience in an FX/ MM or Treasury related trade support or middle office role
- Daily PnL experience
- Advanced Excel and VBA required
- Strong understanding of treasury products.
- Ability to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Experience with implementation of new procedures with new products and systems.
- Degree qualified in Business/Finance/Economics or similar discipline.