Salary description: AUD $150k - $200k
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is a leading boutique asset manager in Sydney. They are seeking to hire a tier 1 Senior Investment Analyst to join their investment team in early 2019.
The ideal candidate will have built strong experience as an investment analyst or research analyst with an equity fund manager or investment bank.
The position will sit within the investment team and will directly support the senior Portfolio Managers in a range of tasks.
- Participation in the investment process including conducting deep dive financial analysis, detailed review of financial statements, annual reports and other listed company disclosures.
- Direct involvement in meetings and conference calls with the management of listed and unlisted companies.
- Production of thorough written commentary and research reports including company recommendations.
- Contribution to idea generation on both long and short investments.
- Over 5 years as an equities investment analyst with a fund manager or Research Analyst from an investment bank
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics, engineering or a related field.
- CFA completed or at least partially complete
- Top tier academic background, including outstanding results in a relevant tertiary degree.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Advanced financial modelling, analytical, accounting and quantitative skills.
- Strong interest in domestic and global financial markets.
- Skills with investment analysis instruments.
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence all levels of management and senior stakeholders;