Our client is a leading global trading firm focused on equity and equity derivative products as well as ETFs. They are seeking a highly experienced Operations hire to support the Operations manager with the smooth running of the operations team of six.
As the Senior Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for helping the day to day running of the Operations team. This will entail position reconciliations, ensuring trades are captured in an efficient and timely manner and positions are accurate and reconciled to external brokers. The position also provides profit and loss estimates for the day’s activity.
The role requires an understanding of financial instruments especially equities, futures and equity derivatives (options), as the successful candidate will be working with experienced traders in the financial sector. Knowing how to work directly with traders and having good working relationships is essential.
The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience, strong Equity and Equity Options operations understanding as well as Corporate Actions and position recs, and will have been a 2iC or Supervisor in the past, or may have helped mentor and manage a team in the past.
What you’ll do
- Reconciliation of position and trade activity.
- Produce nightly profit and loss estimate and reconciliation to front office.
- Be handling corporate actions and will need to cover economic implications of flows as well as operational booking and reconciling requirements.
- Liaise with external parties to resolve any position/cash discrepancies.
- Contribute to system improvement to help streamline daily processes.
- Run new initiatives and projects.
- Work directly with traders facilitating new trade flow and relationships.
- Working with legal and compliance for onboarding new relationships
- 7 + years’ experience working in the financial markets arena
- Have an in-depth knowledge of handling trade flow through to settlement.
- Thorough knowledge of equity and equity derivative products
- Working operational knowledge of ETF’s would be a bonus.
- Operational knowledge of Asian Financial markets
- Worked with Bloomberg and proficient in Excel.
- Ability to build strong and positive relationships both internally and with Broker contacts.
- Ability to promote new ideas and solutions.
- Confidence to escalate issues and be proactive to drive changes.
- Works well with an established team and has the ability to build strong relationships with team members.
- Maintaining strong organisational skills and meticulous record-keeping as well as fostering efficiency and accuracy to complete tasks and follow process.
- Ability to prioritise based on materiality and risk considerations.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and systems.
- Analytical mindset when tackling issues.