Our client is a prominent Australian Super Fund, investing across all major asset classes, seeking a Senior Performance Analyst to join their team on an initial 9-month contract, with view to extend for strong performance.
This role is responsible for fixed interest, equities and multi-asset investment performance analysis, commentary and conclusion support to the front office investment management process. The primary purpose of this role is to:
- Co-ordinate delivery of multi-currency performance analysis and attribution at security and portfolio levels. Analysis will include attribution, market / competitor and quant projects.
- Co-ordinate and review reporting and respond to queries relating to investment performance.
- Deliver multi currency, security and portfolio level attribution analysis and reporting – including detailed analysis identifying incremental return differences between the portfolio and a benchmark, detailed information on asset mix, portfolio characteristics, risk, impact of turnover, market value and market capitalisation.
- Timely and accurate reporting, analysis, conclusions and commentary on investments.
- Liaise and interact with Portfolio Managers, Client Managers, Client Services and external parties such as performance consultants and research houses.
- Contribute to the development of efficiency and improvements to the Performance Analytics and Investment Control functions, processes and procedures.
- Work closely with team members across the Performance Analytics and Investment Control functions to ensure optimum output.
You will be a motivated and proven professional with a degree in commerce, business or finance. You will have at least 5 years of performance analytics experience. You will have a solid understanding of fixed interest and equities products and attribution. You will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or a related field
- 5+ years’ performance analytics experience
- Experience in management of key investment management operations, functions and processes
- Good knowledge of the Australian & International funds management industry, including industry issues, trends, investment products and processes
- Good knowledge of securities both domestically and internationally
- Ability to work across functional business teams to influence change strategies and drive implementation of business improvements