Location: Hong Kong
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is seeking a Senior Quantitative Analyst to work on equity markets trading system development. This is a unique opportunity for a strong Investment Banking quant to work as part of a Product Architect development team, using Scala/Haskell/Java languages.
In this Product Architect/Quant Analyst role you will leverage deep financial markets technical and domain expertise to create leading-edge trade execution systems that meet and anticipate clients’ complex requirements – either as part of Core Products ensuring the design and delivery of commercial, production-grade software or as part of Applications interacting with clients to create product-specific solutions.
While on any given day, you may primarily code, this is a Product Architect role – you will be required to design creative solutions, products, and methods that drive product strategy and scope. The right candidate will be confident working directly with clients and developing formal models of financial business processes.
- A deep understanding of financial markets and processes
- Product Architects are often asked to be a ‘one person show’ and must be capable of taking an abstract idea and turning it into a strategic, pragmatic solution in code and/or well specified requirements
- Excellent computer science fundamentals
- Command of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns with ability to fluently translate them into working, elegant code.
- Proficient in functional languages (e.g., Scala, Haskell)
- Demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with others in a dynamic, fast-paced, pressured environment
- Experience using Agile methodology and the Agile SCRUM framework
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- Financial engineering experience as a “quant,” “strat,” or algo trading developer
- Skilled in leading and working within an Agile environment
This role is an incredibly unique and rewarding opportunity to work for a market-leading financial technology firm based in their growing Hong Kong office.
Apply for this Job →