Salary description: $150,000 - $200,000+ AUD
- $150-200k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global prop trading / market maker seeking an experienced senior quantitative analyst to join their Quantitative Research team as 2iC to 1 junior Quant analyst.
Reporting into the Head of Quant, you will join the Quantitative Research team of 3 that supports trading across multiple financial products and Asia-Pac markets.
You will be responsible for making our clients existing trading strategies better by applying your background, experience, and intuition to data, driving next steps and contributing to the success of the firm. To do this, you will have access to large data sets, often terabytes of data, containing billions of records daily.
At times, you’ll be working on a long-term, complex study and spend most of the day on the same project, building or evaluating models. At other times, you’ll work on tactical studies: quick projects, taking from a few hours to a few days, generally stemming from a trader and that often leads to quick adjustments in our trading:
- A PhD or equivalent degree in mathematics, physics, statistics, finance, engineering, or related discipline
- Programming experience and interest, preferably in C++ or Python
- Experience working with large, often messy, data sets
- Experience in, or desire to learn about, financial products, markets and trading
Sponsorship available for overseas candidates.Apply for this Job →