Salary description: $800 - $1000k per day
- $200k + AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 7 to 10 years of experience
Our client is a prominent Australian investment manager, seeking a Python-focused Senior Quant Developer to join their Melbourne-based Investment Solutions team. This is a very well paid position, on an initial 6m contract duration. This position works in a key quant deliverable team between the tech/IT team and the Investment team, to deliver quant tools to enable the investment team to achieve their objectives.
- Develop and deliver quant proprietary tools and processes to enhance the quality, robustness and efficiency of portfolio analysis and management;
- Work closely with investment teams to design, develop, deliver and support new investment analytics capabilities. This can include developing new models, uplifting existing ones, as well as automating manual processes;
- A dedicated, highly quantitative individual with demonstrated programming experience, ideally with thorough understanding of the Python programming language and experience with the common scientific libraries;
- A demonstrated knowledge of investment management processes with experience within equity fixed income and / or currency derivatives highly desirable;
- Experience with commonly used 3rd party financial software vendors (Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters, Aladdin, Iress, Barra, etc.) and their data, models, and APIs;
- Strong knowledge and experience of development and collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence and/or other similar tools;
- Degree qualified in numerical field (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computer Science) preferred
This is an exceptional opportunity to work for a globally recognised asset manager in Melbourne on an initial 6 month contract duration, with the opportunity to extend based on good performance.
This contract will pay a very generous daily rate, based on direct asset management quant experience, and prior Python quant development experience.
Feel free to call our Melbourne office on +61 3 9900 6333 to discuss this job in confidence, although please kindly send through a CV for our review prior.Apply for this Job →