Salary description: Up to $120k depending on experience
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- Contract or Temporary
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is a leading global bank seeking a highly experienced Regulatory Reporting Accountant to take charge of the GAP analysis and implementation of new reports incorporating all the recent APRA changes around the modernisation of the economic and financial (EFS) statistics data collected for ADI’s and registered financial corporations.
This candidate will be responsible for the changes and to work with the regional finance project team to automate the reports in their in-house data-warehouse.
This is a 9-12 month fixed term contract role with leave entitlements.
The primary focus of this role is to manage the changes and implementation of new reporting guidelines and ensure the operational feasibility of the systems that assist in the preparation of returns, reports, commentary and the overall industry best practice when liaising with industry regulators.
- To assist the Head of Financial Reporting with the detailed gap analysis, interpretation and implementation of the new APRA reporting requirements;
- Work closely with the Regional Finance project team to identify source of data and any data gap and alternative data solutions;
- Produceexcel reports for the Regional project team to replicate;
- Work with the Regional project team to formulate and validate the final excel template (tactical reporting template);
- Work with the Regional project team to automate the reports in the Data warehouse;
- Assist the reporting team with quarterly reporting as and when needed;
- Ad Hoc requests to assist the Finance team.
- 5+ years of strong technical knowledge of Regulatory Reporting
- Exposure to Australian Prudential Standards
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to understand existing APRA forms
- Need to understand new standards under EFS
- Good understanding of financial products, control and risk assessment implications
- Solid systems knowledge, advanced Excel
- Banking experience preferred with an understanding of concepts such as capital requirements, risk/return analysis, credit risk, country risk, liquidity risk, transfer pricing etc. being desirable