Salary description: $80k - $100k + super + bonus
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is seeking a Senior Research Analyst to work as part of their Energy team.
This role is ideal for applicants with strong analytical skills seeking to get into the Investment Banking division. However, applicants must have strong university marks, expertise in the Power sector, and 4+ years’ experience in Financial Services.
Our client works with energy-intense heavy industry players, ranging from integrated power and gas utilities to industry regulators, industry associations and NGOs. They are seeking a strong applicant with Energy sector experience to be a Senior Research Analyst within the Energy team. The Senior Research Analyst will support the Energy team, providing analytical support while assisting consulting staff with industry specific problems and through managing research requests. The successful applicant will have knowledge in the following topics: power markets, generation operations, conventional generation and renewables generation, trading and distributed generation, and overall a good sound judgment about the energy sector. This is also an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong analytical mind to be client facing and attend strategy meetings. It is specially valued to bring strong analytic and communication skills.
- Identify & address critical knowledge and expertise needs
- Provide customised knowledge for client work, preparing accurate documents and charts
- Delivers original analysis and insights to the Energy team
- Reviews research & ensures they are current & relevant and updates when appropriate
- Contributes to content development around topic/sector for meetings & training
- Bachelor’s degree with high academic achievement required
- Market modelling capabilities is a plus
- 4 -5 years’ specific industry knowledge
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple parallel tasks
- Technical and economic knowledge in the Power sector
The salary will be $75k – $100k + super + bonus, depending on sector-specific experience.Apply for this Job →