Salary description: $100k - $150k + super + bonus
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 3 to 7 years of experience
Our client is looking for an exceptional SRE who is willing to grow his or her skill set to ensure the availability, performance, maintenance and support of a fast-paced, high volume, highly available and high growth environment.
This position requires both strategic engineering as well as tactical hands-on technical work. The SRE will be responsible for a full system lifecycle including configuration and code deployment and customisations in an industry-leading financial services cloud offering. The Site Reliability Engineer will work closely with all the technical teams that are responsible for building and maintaining the solution.
This position will be located in their Sydney office. This resource will be working with their growing internal team as well as with their clients.
• Participating in incident management, problem management, and service request fulfilment processes
• Application installation, upgrades, testing, configuration/change management, and application/hardware monitoring.
• Knowledge capture and transfer, assisting others in the implementation and use of software
• Off-hours support, based on an on-call rotation, will be required
• Required to interact with business users and technical users both internally and externally
• Very minimal travel may be required
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
• 2 years of experience in a technology related position with demonstrated success
• Familiarity with the software development process
• Fundamental training with basic UNIX/Linux commands
• Simple SQL query knowledge
• Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems installation and support
• Experience with production deployment and operational support for enterprise class applications.
• Working knowledge of operations tools (monitoring, log analysis, etc.).
• Experience using Windows scripting, shell scripts, or any programming experience ie. JAVA
• Financial services industry experience a plus
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification a plus