Salary description: Competitive depending on software development experience
- $100-150k AUD Equivalent
- 10 to 15 years of experience
Our client is seeking a Polyglot to build real-world applications on top of their platform to solve domain-specific problems. You will be working with traditional tooling as well as proprietary internal technology, including a new programming language.
The experience and feedback you bring on real projects being rolled out to the Financial Services sector in the Asia Pacific region will influence the future design of the underlying platform. If you are able to develop solutions others are yet to conceive, and an understanding of the financial services domain, and have a passion for new programming languages, then this is a great opportunity to be part of a new global technology.
- Ideally, 10+ years’ experience as a software engineer, working in a globally distributed development environment.
- Minimum of 5 years software development experience delivering mission-critical technology to the enterprise software market using Agile methodologies.
- Deep understanding of secure coding practices.
- Strong command of server-side, distributed systems development.
- Experience developing software targeting Linux and Windows environments, including an
adept ability to incorporate open source software as appropriate.
- Polyglot with a strong command of at least 3 functional and/or non-functional programming
languages, including but not limited to, Java, Scala, F#, OCaml, Clojure and Haskell.
- Strong programming fundamentals (data structures and algorithm design)
- CQRS, event-sourcing, and Reactive Streams
- Modern web UI, such as TypeScript/React
- Strong commercial orientation with a deep passion for customer-driven design and development throughout the SDLC.
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science, or related discipline