Salary description: AUD $60k + super
- $50-100k AUD Equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience
Our client is a tier-one broker seeking Desk Assistants or Equity Client Services staff to join their Melbourne team supporting 3 Advisers.
We envisage that the successful candidate will commence initially as an Adviser Assistant with a view to developing into an Associate Adviser within 12 to 18 months.
You should be able to demonstrate current or recent experience, skills and attributes in the following areas:-
- Experience working in a support role within private wealth, investments or finance related business;
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated client service ethic and proactivity;
- The ability to plan and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines, in a fast paced environment;
Experience in the preparation of investment reports, performance spreadsheets, and presentations for client meetings, pitches and portfolio reviews
- Distribute new account documents and required notifications to clients and review new account forms for accuracy and completeness, including input of client banking details;
- Assign account numbers and provide advisers with completed new account forms after management approval;
- Arrange and assist with CHESS and sponsorship, off-market, broker to broker and issuer to CHESS transfer of client documents;
- Authorise access and respond to client queries re Website;
- Coordinate Initial Public Offering allocations and applicable client; documentation. Liaise with back office and share registries regarding client and adviser enquiries;
- Coordinate client seminars, conferences and presentations. Maintain account files and undertake regular follow-up on missing documents;
- Process and monitor stock settlements, including follow up with clients re outstanding fund;
- Participate in department cross-training as required.
- Degree Qualified within a Banking related discipline;
- RG 146 (ideally – if not will be paid for to study);
- Ideally ADA 1 & 2;
- Strong communication skills is a must and ability and confidence to liaise with on the phone;
- Ideally some experience in the Australian and global securities markets in an operations or CS capacity;
- Knowledge and understanding of financial markets fundamentals;
- Prior broking Operations experience highly regarded;
- Finance Degree highly regarded.
Feel free to call us directly in Melbourne on +61 3 9900 6333 to discuss this position in confidence.Apply for this Job →